Monday 21 April 2008

First Steps In Pyrography

Hi,

It is a few months since I last spoke to you on my blog. These have been busy months where I have been learning how to build my own website: - Hotwood Pyrography which for a computer novice has been quite a challenge!

If you are still struggling with simple Pyrography techniques, try searching in your local area for a course in Pyrography.

I attended a one day course with Bob Neill - Britain’s Top Pyrographer - see my review on the Hotwood Pyrography website.

Bob Neill is a trained teacher and artist and is a very experienced Pyrographer who has a vast knowledge of Pyrography and also of Arts and Crafts techniques that can be applied to working with wood. He appears at many craft venues regionally and nationally and often has a tuition area set up on his craft stand for people to try out their Pyrography skills.

If you would like to find out about Pyrography courses with Bob Neill visit his web site at http://www.bobneillpyrography.co.uk/

At the end of January I took part in an Art Therapy Workshop at Blackberry Barn Studio, Bamford, Derbyshire, where Jenny Mather Artist and Therapist is based. The workshop experience was unique and helped me in many ways; I have written a review of the day on the Hotwood Pyrography website.

Jenny Mather has three Open Studio Events soon at Blackberry Barn Studio, Bamford between 11.00 - 5.00 each day.

Sat April 26/Sun 27
Sat May 3/Sun 4/ Mon 5
Sat May 24/Sun 25/ Mon 26

Visit the Jenny Mather site for more details and information regarding her Art Therapy Workshops at http://jennymather.co.uk/ it could be the start of awakening a new wave of creative ideas for you.

That’s all for now but I shall be back soon, thanks for your attention!

Sam

No comments: