Tuesday 20 May 2008

First Steps In Pyrography Spiritual Approach 3

Hello again,

If you are passionate about your craft of Pyrography you will be eager to experiment with new possibilities for your craft. For example you may want to create a range of Pyrography products that are not fashioned in a traditional way but are linked in a personal way to you.

As an amateur Pyrographer I appreciate the time that I spend working on my Pyrography projects, because I am in a totally different environment to the one that I normally work in.

It provides extra qualities to my life that I would not necessarily experience otherwise. By this I mean that practising arts and crafts can give you the opportunity to take time out to think. It allows you breathing space in an often very hurried and busy everyday life.

When you have the opportunity to unwind and de-stress and to stop the rush of the world around you, then you also have time to centre and balance your thoughts which can be very beneficial to well being.

Arts and crafts can be used as a way of communicating those things inside you that you may not be able to say but, if they can be released from within you through artistic expression this could be a valuable way to getting the balance back into your life.

If you have experienced exceptional emotional circumstances such as separation, divorce, death of a loved one or ill health, then using art as a way to heal some of the negative thoughts that may be trapped inside you may provide a way in finding a resolution so that you can move on into a more positive future for yourself.

If you use or modify some of the ideas that I wrote about in my last blog, on how to set yourself up in a relaxing and spiritual environment, you will find that your negative ideas can be safely released. Make this your ‘special time about you’.

Remember to have nearby artists materials of your choice and when you are ready begin to let out all negative emotional issues as colours, symbols, patterns. This is your private work that you do not have to show to anyone else.

It would be far too ambitious to say that all your negativity can be released in one go! The more opportunities that you take to give yourself ‘special time’, to release the thoughts that may be hurting inside you, then the weaker these negative feelings become.

I must say that I know this from my own experience as I have used both the written word and art to help me resolve the negativity in my past and it has helped me tremendously. I hope it can help others too.

If you have an experiences of arts/crafts helping you in a healing way that you would like to share with others, please let me know and I will endeavour to write about it in my blog.

Thank you.

No comments: